Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Migration from MSSQL SERVER 2000 to ORACLE 10G
Migration from MSSQL SERVER 2000 to ORACLE 10G [message #219577] Thu, 15 February 2007 00:54 Go to next message
rajan.csp

Hai,

Currently im working on migration process..... like Migration from mssql server 2000 to oracle 10g......

Im using oracle migration workbench tool..... but im facing some problem on this...I downloaded workbench tool and i downloaded sqlserver plugin also..... i try to install oracle workbench im getting error message........

" Plugins not installed "

can u guide me how to do that.....

Any one know the issues....... ple reply ASAP......

Regards
palani
Re: Migration from MSSQL SERVER 2000 to ORACLE 10G [message #219657 is a reply to message #219577] Thu, 15 February 2007 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Don see why this thread is under the performance topic ?
Anyway..
Well as the message says, plugin not installed.
No big deal just install it

Download it here

Dont forget to read the installation notes etc.

Good Luck

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2007 05:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migration from MSSQL SERVER 2000 to ORACLE 10G [message #220255 is a reply to message #219657] Mon, 19 February 2007 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajan.csp

Hai,

Tnq vry much...... ur support.

Nw i started migration process...... I created source model and oracle model.....thn i create migrte to oracle....but im getting process failed. ple see the below errors

Type Phase Object Name Errors and Warnings
Migrating sa.QM_MTB_LAB Created Table :
table contains date column. Milliseconds not migrated

ple give me ur solution fr this issues...ASAP

Re: Migration from MSSQL SERVER 2000 to ORACLE 10G [message #220290 is a reply to message #220255] Tue, 20 February 2007 01:33 Go to previous message
tahpush

Well

I think you always get that "warning" since
the Microsoft SQL Server DATETIME data type ,which DOES supports milliseconds is mapped against the DATE data type in Oracle which DOES NOT support milliseconds.

If you NEED the millisecond data, Check that in the "mapping" process that the datetime column i Microsoft SQL Server is mapped against a timestamp column i Oracle.

(But I think that if you are on Oracle 9i or later the migration workbench should do the correct mapping)

Again Verify That You Need The Precision Of Milliseconds

Good Luck

[Updated on: Tue, 20 February 2007 01:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How long a query is executing?
Next Topic: find default user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:30:48 CDT 2024