Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle 9i problem
oracle 9i problem [message #235951] Tue, 08 May 2007 08:45 Go to next message
gaur_poonam

hi,

there are some problems in Oracle 9i(release 2) database:
1). A Query takes only 5 second in morning and the same query takes upto 10 min. after noon.have checked the physical reads and related indexs but there is no problems.

2).the database is increased 300 Mb each month while database is in NOArchive mode and there is no more DML operations ( like Insert ).

3). What will be cause of creating the dummy tables automattically in the oracle database?

Pls provide me all the solutions to resolves these problems.

thanks.......
Re: oracle 9i problem [message #236054 is a reply to message #235951] Tue, 08 May 2007 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Under the same conditions, the same query will take equal time (more or less) to finish. I guess it is not the tide that changed, so - there must be something on your system that caused that to happen.

Dummy tables do not create themselves. Oracle isn't alive either (or is it?) to do that. So, I believe it must be a human involved in this creation.

I don't know ... I'm not an expert here, but there's something strange there, for sure.
Re: oracle 9i problem [message #236334 is a reply to message #235951] Wed, 09 May 2007 11:45 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

1). A Query takes only 5 second in morning and the same query takes upto 10 min. after noon.have checked the physical reads and related indexs but there is no problems.

Can you post here EXECUTION PLAN FOR QUERY.

2).the database is increased 300 Mb each month
Which datafile growning ?

while database is in NOArchive mode and there is no more DML operations ( like Insert ).

Depand on conditions and NO EFFECT with no archive log or archive log ...archive log file OFFLINE database files.

Regards
Taj
Previous Topic: difference
Next Topic: DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST (Flash Recovery Area)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:56:51 CDT 2024